This refers to drinks that have been prepared by a combination of the strongest coffee brews and alcoholic drinks such as coffee and whiskey. This combination can be harmful if it is not properly executed. There are various alcoholic drinks that are popularly known in the world such as the Irish alcoholic coffee drink.
In this article, we are going to look at some of these coffee cocktails and discuss how you can easily and comfortably prepare them while at home.
Irish coffee has become one of the most popular alcoholic coffee drinks recognizable in the entire planet. Preparing this strong alcoholic coffee drink is very easy as one only requires strong coffee beans, heavy cream an Irish base spirit, and doesn’t take long to prepare. This drink will certainly ensure you are satisfactorily caffeinated. It is mostly served in a tall glass.
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
4 ounces of strong coffee
1 ounce of heavy cream that is lightly whipped
1.5 ounces of Irish whiskey.
You should then follow the following steps once you have gathered all the necessary ingredients;
- Place sugar in a warm appropriate Irish coffee mug or glass and leave it for about two minutes.
- Put coffee into the appropriate glass and stir till it is dissolved.
- Pour Irish whiskey and continue stirring.
- Float the heavy cream on top of the mixture by spilling it over the spoon’s back.
- You can now drink your coffee through the heavy cream without extra stirring.
This drink tends to have a bittersweet and creamy flavor and can be served either warm or hot. Additionally, it can be taken at night or during morning hours like regular coffee though this is a matter of your preference.
(Image Source: Taste)
An ice cream recipe of this cocktail will certainly cool you off after a long day or during the summer. The taste of these drinks lies somewhere between classic affogato and espresso martinis.
The espresso can be prepared using your preferred brewing method such as the
French press method using freshly ground coffee beans which are an excellent option in preparing this cocktail. Additionally, you can opt to prepare it hot then wait for it to cool down for some minutes or make it one night before then let it stay overnight to prepare a cold brew.
30ml gin or vodka
30ml Kahlua or any other coffee liqueur
1 scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream
Shot of espresso black coffee.
On acquiring all the needed ingredients, proceed with the following steps in order to prepare an Affogato martini alcoholic coffee drink:
- Pour the gin/vodka, coffee, and Kahlua in the cocktail shaker and thoroughly shake over the ice.
- Strain the mixture into the martini glass then add the scoop of the vanilla ice cream.
- Serve the martini instantly.
(Image Source: Bon Appetit)
Siciliano is an Italian cocktail which has been prepared using coffee that has been cold-brewed and should be specifically served when hot. It is a reasonably low alcoholic drink that has been prepared by combining some good quality coffee with few ounces (oz) of the Amaro Averna and sweet vermouth (Italian)
1.5 ounces of Amaro Averna
1 oz of simple syrup
1.5 ounces of strong coffee which is cold brewed
2 ounces of the sweet vermouth (Italian).
- Place all the ingredients; apart from the orange twist; into the mixing glass that contains ice.
- Stir until it is chilled.
- Strain the mixture into the chilled glass, garnish it using the orange twist then serve it
Hot White Russian
(Image Source: Rachel Cooks)
This cocktail is a very suitable drink for cold weather since it is warm and very rich in caffeine. Surprising, this alcoholic coffee drink requires only 4 ingredients and is extremely easy to prepare.
However, this drink is not recommended for people with lactose intolerance. It is prepared by combining Kahlua, heavy cream, coffee, and vodka. You can also top it up using the heavy cream like a decoration.
It is also worth noting that you can prepare three types of this cocktail such as the single white, large batch and the Baileys white Russians. We will, however, concentrate on the single hot white Russian which is the simplest to prepare.
2 ½ cups of vodka
2 ½ cups of Kahlua
2 ½ cups of heavy cream.
- Place the ice in a glass then add vodka, heavy cream and Kahlua into the glass
- Thoroughly stir the mixture and top with whipped cream that is lightly whipped.
- Instantly serve your white Russian cocktail.
Hot Boozy Coffee
(Image Source: SideChef)
To prepare a hot boozy coffee, you will need the following
a half shot of Kahlua
a half shot of brandy
a half shot of Grand Marnier
one orange peel
a half cup of whipped cream
5 ounces of hot coffee
a half tablespoon of sugar.
- Blend the whipped cream then add sugar so as to taste then lightly burn the orange peel.
- You should then pour the brewed coffee, Kahlua, Grand Marnier, and brandy into the mug and stir using the lightly burnt orange peel.
- Then spoon the whipped cream and place it on top of the cocktail and serve immediately.
Need a stronger coffee? Try Biohazard Coffee - Ground and Whole Bean Coffee containing 928mg of caffeine per 12 ounces.