Listen up fellow coffee addicts. Summer is almost here so you know what that means - it’s nearly cold brew season. We’re going to run you through a recipe which will help you stay stocked up on strong cold brew coffee all summer long.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 cup strong whole bean coffee
4 cups water (room temperature) - filtered or bottled preferred
jug/bottle to store - we like this one
glasses to serve - these highball glasses are cool
ice to serve
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Ground fresh whole coffee beans coarsely, this allows for a less bitter and better tasting coffee. We recommend these whole beans.
2. Add coffee to french press, followed by water.
3. Stir coffee and water together with a wooden spoon ensuring all coffee is soaked.
4. Cover with lid, do not plunge.
5. Leave on kitchen counter or in fridge for at least 12 hours (24 hours is ideal!).
6. Plunge coffee.
7. Serve cold brew coffee in a glass over ice. Add your favorite milk, sugar or sugar syrup.
8. Store excess strong cold brew coffee in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
TIP - Pour some of your leftover brew into ice trays to make ice cubes!
Have a different way of making strong cold brew coffee? Let us know in the comments!
Want to see what else we're up to?
BIOHAZARD COFFEE — Ground and Whole Bean - contains 928mg caffeine per 12 ounce.