Coffee is among the top popular beverages in the world most used to make coffee drinks. There are various types of coffee beans, some of which can be used to make strong coffee such as Biohazard Coffee. The cosmetic industry has been using coffee to make various beauty products due to its exceptional health benefits coffee has on our skin.
A coffee mask is a simple, easy-to-prepare skin care option you can do yourself. Face masks can prevent pores from clogging by sloughing dead cells due to its nourishing nature, thus enhancing a bright radiant glow.
Coffee is highly caffeinated which helps reduce inflammation and puffiness and constricts blood vessels. Caffeine brightens the skin and tightens it. Applying a coffee face mask reduces wrinkles for naturally glowing skin.
Coffee contains antioxidants such as phenol that destroy radicals which result in skin damage. It also contains niacin that prevents skin growths and non-melanoma skin cancers. Chlorogenic acid in coffee has antibacterial properties, helping to reduce acne.
There are several recipes for coffee face masks depending on the ingredients available. They also serve different purposes.
1. Coffee Mask to enhance a clear and smooth complexion
(Image Source: Alluring Soul)
1 tsp instant coffee / ground coffee
½-1 spoonful of milk (raw milk works even better)
Steps1. Put a tablespoon of coffee in a bowl.
2. Add ½ tablespoon milk and mix to a smooth paste.
3. Apply the paste on a cleansed face. For ground coffee, the mixture should be left to sit for three to five minutes.
4. Massage the face mask gently onto the face then let it dry for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse off the face using cold water which is good for waking up your skin, as you continue gently massaging the face for 2 minutes.
This exfoliates skin cells that are dead from your face. We recommend doing this about 3 times a week. This milk and coffee mixture mask leaves the face free from skin cells that are dead and clear from any dirt, leaving the skin smooth. Skin inflammation is also reduced when you use this mask!
2. Coffee mask to tighten and firm skin
(Image Source: StyleCaster)
1 tablespoon of coffee
1 tablespoon organic honey
2 tablespoon yogurt
Steps1. Put a tablespoon of coffee in a bowl. Add honey and mix them thoroughly.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt and continue mixing until it’s a smooth paste.
3. Apply the smooth paste to a clean face, gently spreading it. Ensure the paste does not get into the eyes, nose or mouth. Leave the face mask for twenty minutes.
4. Rinse off using normal water while gently massaging for two minutes so as to get rid of dead cells and remove dirt.
This coffee, honey and yogurt mixture exfoliates dead cells. Coffee and yogurt have antioxidant properties that tighten the skin and fight wrinkles. It gives you a radiant glow that can slow down skin aging. Also, it enhances the fast regeneration of skin cells. Yogurt contains lactic acid that tightens pores and dissolves dead skin. Yogurt also moisturizes the face and fights acne. Honey opens up the pores for easy unclogging. Its anti-bacterial thus prevents and treats acne. It also moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
3. Coffee mask for a glowing, bright face
(Image Source: Alluring Soul)
1 spoonful of instant coffee
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon yogurt
Steps1. In a bowl, add a tablespoon of instant coffee and a tablespoon of turmeric. Mix the two and add a tablespoon of yogurt and make a smooth paste.
2. Apply the paste on the face and leave the mask on for about 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, rinse the mask off using normal water while gently massaging the face for two minutes to get rid of dead skin cells and remove dirt. For fast results, apply face mask about three times a week.
Turmeric contains vitamin C that lightens dark spots and patches. Turmeric and coffee build up collagen thus maintaining skin tautness and firmness. Yogurt contains lactic acid which prevents acne breakout and wrinkle appearance. It also hydrates, lubricates and nourishes the face. Regular application of coffee tightens and brightens the skin.
4. Coffee and Chocolate Mask for hydrated and soft skin
(Image Source: Sweet Living Magazine)
1 spoon of coffee
1 spoon of cocoa powder
3 tbsp of milk or yogurt
1 spoon of honey
Steps1. Combine 1 spoon of ground coffee and 1 spoon of cocoa powder, and then include about 3 tablespoons of milk or yogurt, plus one spoon of honey.
2. The resulting mixture is then directly applied on the face, wait for about thirty minutes then wash off using clean fresh water.
The face mask will certainly result in more hydrated, softer and healthier looking skin while also tightening your pores.
The secret behind having beautiful and smooth skin is ensuring that your skin is healthy. This can effectively be achieved by ensuring that you stay protected from bacteria that can potentially harm the face or affect the skin.
A coffee facial is economical and easy to prepare as all the ingredients are easy to gather. A coffee facial has numerous benefits for the skin! They include:
- Reducing inflammation: The anti-inflammatory characteristics of caffeine make it an excellent way of getting rid of swelling and any redness that may appear on the face. Another experiment of determining coffee effectiveness is by including it as an added ingredient to creams with anti-inflammatory properties. It resulted in positive results, which confirmed that coffee has benefits on the skin.
- Skin tightening: Caffeine is very efficient in reducing the appearance of the fine lines that form on the face. It eliminates the puffiness that appears in certain areas within the face. Caffeine is also included in numerous anti-aging commercial beauty products with the aim of minimizing fine lines and tightening the skin.
- Skin softening: Convenient face masks made up of coffee and cocoa can be done quickly and comfortably at home and are less costly than the facial treatments offered at salons.
For skin requiring extra exfoliation, use a coffee face mask during the winter since this is when dead cells can accumulate and it can help aid dry skin. Always apply face mask in circular motions and by gently scrubbing your skin. Additionally, when exfoliating use a coarser coffee grinds to make the mixture.
Have you ever tried a coffee face mask? Let us know in the comments below!
Interested in more Coffee Face Mask recipes? Check out these articles:
Need a stronger coffee? Try Biohazard Coffee - Ground and Whole Bean Coffee containing 928mg of caffeine per 12 ounces.